BACON & BRIE-STUFFED
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 c. Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Craft Syrup (plus extra for drizzling or dipping - optional)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 large boule
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 (8-oz.) brie wheel
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack inside of a large rimmed baking sheet. Spread bacon strips in a single layer on top of the rack. Brush with maple syrup and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, flipping the slices halfway through, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly then chop.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a serrated knife, crosscut the boule, making slices every inch in both directions and making sure to not slice all the way through the bottom of boule.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, parsley, chives, salt and pepper. Brush boule with butter mixture, making sure to get inside the crosscuts.
- Cut brie into small thin strips. Stuff each crosscut with brie, and chopped bacon, and wrap bread completely in foil. Bake on lined baking sheet until the cheese is melted and the bread is warm and toasty, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes (Optional: drizzle with syrup or serve some for dipping on the side), then serve warm.
- Hint: Prepare ahead of time and store in fridge for a few hours while wrapped in foil.